If you’re a coin collector in Mill Valley, CA, there are certain things you should do with your collection each year. These tasks will help you make the most of your hobby, keep your collection current and fresh and keep you organized for the year ahead.
Most of these annual activities are fairly simple. Some require a bit of effort, but they are well worth the investment to make your coin collection top notch. If you need help with any of these steps, contact your local coin experts for professional assistance:
- Set goals: What do you hope to accomplish as a coin collector in Mill Valley, CA? Each year, decide what goals you want to meet by this time next year. Evaluate what goals you had last year, and work from there. Decide what you want to buy, what you want to sell, what events you want to attend and what you want to learn about coin collecting. Write down your goals so you have a record to refer to as you work on them throughout the year.
- Get an appraisal: Do you know what your coin collection is currently worth? Get a professional appraisal to determine this value. It’s good to keep current on this amount, especially if you plan to insure your collection. It will also help you as you move forward with your goals. For example, you’ll be able to price your coins more accurately for sale.
- Sell coins: If there are coins you no longer want as a coin collector in Mill Valley, CA, why keep them? If they are not helping you reach your goals, you should sell them. This will give you more cash to purchase coins you do want to have in your collection, and free up space in the display, safe or vault where you store your coins.
- Get organized: Speaking of displays and vaults—are your coins currently organized? If you want to be a serious coin collector in Mill Valley, CA, you’ll need more than a piggy bank or a mason jar to stash your coins. Consider purchasing albums or folders, or, if you’re already organized, you may simply need to update or expand your current system to make room for new coins.
- Stock up: As you look at what you need to get (and stay) organized, purchase the supplies you need. Think back to those goals and determine what you’ll need for organization throughout the year. If you plan to buy more coins, go ahead and stock up on more tubes, albums or 2×2 holders. You may also need gloves for handling or a safe for storage.
Whether you need to buy or sell, Collectible Coins & Jewelry is here to provide you with reliable, friendly service. We have been the go-to source for coin collectors in Mill Valley, CA since 1989. Contact us today for assistance with all your coin collecting goals for the year. We look forward to meeting with you soon to discuss your plans.